The following mentioned brands are amongst a few that have proven themselves in countless, documented trials.
Nobel Biocare + Branemark. Of course, Professor Branemark is the “father” of modern dental implants. Nobel Biocare has since acquired the Branemark company, and still includes the Branemark concept in its range.
AstraTech – The first company with a documented research record. Originally branching from a pharmaceutical company, AstraTech documented everything the same way, just as if it were pharmaceuticals. (No other dental implant manufacturer did this at first!) AstraTech has the longest research record of any company.
Ankylos is one of the most well-researched system with a very high reputation.
Straumann / ITI is a system from Switzerland. ITI stands for International Team for Implantology. This is a group of top dentists who banded together to agree on set standards for dental implants. This group is still active, and has a very close association with Straumann.
Because you are unique, the implant ecosystem is much more complex than the simple question of best brand:
- How can I be sure that implants are needed? What’s the basis for your diagnosis?
- How much experience with implantology have you had?
- Do I have enough jawbone?
- What kind of life can I expect for the types of implants recommended for me?
- Do I need a 3D cone beam X-ray, why?
- If my case is challenging, could you refer me for a second opinion?
An experienced dentist will be able to educate and explain (without smoke and mirrors) their reasoning for the implant that will best suit your situation.
No two patients have exactly the same diagnosis. Your situation is unique to you, so demand a thorough explanation.