Ideally, a patient who is considering dental implant surgery will:
- Be in good oral and overall health.
- Be free from periodontal disease.
- Have sufficiently dense bone tissue in their jaw.
- Not be a smoker, or be willing to give up smoking, especially during the osseointegration period.
- Be willing to seek treatment for medical conditions and modify behaviours that may negatively impact the treatment.
- Be committed to healthy lifestyle habits, a good oral hygiene regimen, and routine dental visits post-surgery.