- Review your implant need and your overall general health.Begin treatment planning.
- Conduct detailed 3D scans of the implant site.Finalise treatment planning.
Surgery Stage 1
- Perform surgery to place the implant.When replacing a single tooth, a healing abutment is often installed at the same time.This “Single Stage Procedure” removes the need for Surgery Stage 2.
- Healing time: about two months.
Surgery Stage 2
- Perform surgery to install a healing abutment if this was not done in Surgery Stage 1.This is referred to as a “Two Stage Procedure.”
- Healing time: about 4 weeks.
- The healing abutment is removed and an impression is taken of the implant site, so that the final prosthesis and its abutment can be made.
- This takes about two weeks.
- The final prosthesis and its abutment are installed.
- The dental implant treatment is now complete.